Monday, July 12, 2010

38 Weeks; Big Scare Last Night

It's not so much of a "scare" but more of a false alarm.

Yesterday I was laying on the couch watching a movie (Sybil on Lifetime) and I started to feel waves of cramps come and go. The cramps were mixed in with contractions that were coming about every 10 minutes. I started to panic. Was this labor? I texted my friend who told me that what I was describing was how her labor started when she was pregnant with her son. I called the doctor who told me to time the contractions and to go to the hospital if they were steadily coming every 5 minutes for an hour. Hubby and I started timing them and they never got to 5 mins apart. They were 10, 7, 15, and then 25 and then they stopped. Whew. I was terrified and was almost in tears because I just wasn't ready!

I dont know if that was "false labor" or "early labor" but I am glad it wasn't the real thing. Dont get me wrong - it would be awesome for baby boy to arrive! I cant wait to meet him! But I want him to cook away a little longer... at least another week. I think I will feel better about him coming AFTER 39 weeks. So, if he wants to show up next week - that is okay.

It's hard to believe we are so close!

4 comments:

  1. Whew, I would be scared too! I knew what to look for, or so I thought, but when I felt cramps, I remember wondering if they were in my head or related to labor since they were sort of muted. Luckily my water broke, or I would have been sitting home debating if I were in labor until my contractions were on top of each other (well, my labor was messed up and we're still not sure to this day if what I felt was contractions). Anyway, hang in there. You'll realize when it happens that you ARE ready, mostly because you have to be :-) It's actually not the terrible experience tv makes it out to be, just painful (but doable).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're okay and so is Baby Boy!!! ^^

    I'm sure everything will be okay. We'll be praying for your family's health! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, time for you to continue your blogging. Milestones will come and go and you need to have them documented!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete