I went to my OB appointment this morning and received a scolding. I have been overdoing it... big time. My feet have been really swollen, red, and almost numb feeling and it turns out it is all because I am standing up and walking too much. My doctor told me that I need to spend a lot more time with my feet raised up above my heart level for maximum circulation. Uggg. So, as I type, I am in bed with my fat feet propped up on 3 huge pillows. Other than my feet - everything is still going great! Weight, blood pressure, measurement, baby's position - all right on track! Next week will be my 1st WEEKLY appointment where my cervix will be checked to see how close we are getting to D-Day!
After my OB appointment I went for my last ultrasound at the Imaging Center. Baby Boy is an estimated 6 lbs 3 oz and because he is so big and his bones are getting so dense - there wasn't much to see. The good news is that all fluid levels are good, and his growth is perfect for his 'age'. Also, his head is down so low now that it was very hard for the tech to get a scan of his head / face. She let me know that he is facing towards my back - in the perfect position for birth! What a good boy!
I am feeling incredibly blessed to be doing so well and that my little dude is developing and growing perfectly. My fingers are crossed that the last few weeks will continue to go well and that labor and delivery will be a good experience.
Next week I plan on scheduling a few appointments with pediatricians and finally getting the car seat installed in the "family wagon". 37 weeks is considered full term and I know that my little guy can make his escape at any point now! I have to be ready!
What an AWESOME appointment!!! That little dude (and you) will do just fine. I have a feeling you'll go the full 40 weeks. Take the opportunity now to put your feet up and relax..you may not get the chance for a while :-)
ReplyDeleteYou have to promise to keep blogging and/or keep in touch after the little one is born. I want all the deets!
tsk tsk!!! *patronizing glare*
ReplyDeletethis calls for... LOTS OF TV. =D
lol @ Ryn
ReplyDeletePlease take care of yourself! x_x And Twin Dude Mama's sooo right; you're gonna get very busy after the baby, so take all the time to relax while you still can!!
And yes, please keep blogging whenever you can! ^__^