Tuesday, June 22, 2010

35 Weeks: Getting Ready!

Even though I have it in my head that this little dude isn't going to arrive early, I have this urge to be very prepared just in case he is. I have my hospital bag packed with everything I need along with Baby Boy's few items including 3 outfits, cap, booties, mittens, and a blanket. I also finished packing his diaper bag (although, I know he wont be leaving the house for awhile) with diapers, wipes, blankets, hand sanitizer, butt cream, and other things. I guess I just want to be extra ready for when he arrives!

I did my first load of baby laundry last week to make sure I have at least the basics ready: a few outfits, mittens, socks, blankets, sheets, towels, wash cloths, changing table cover, water-proof pads, etc.. The playard is all ready for him to sleep in when he gets home. We plan on letting him sleep in the playard (with the 'bassinet' attachment) in our room for awhile. His crib isn't quite ready yet as my Father In Law is still building it! I got to see a sneak peek this weekend and it looks great! I can't wait for it to be finished!

I still feel wonderful! My feet swell up somedays and other than it hurting a little, I'm mostly embarrassed about how strange they look! All puffy and large! In other feet news - Baby Boy sticks his feet out all the time and my belly gets this bizarre 'lump' out to one side. It is really funny how I can rub his boney feet and he will retract them. I wonder if I am tickling him?

Next week we have our last ultrasound and also my Group B Strep test at the OB's office. I am looking forward to seeing my little guy on the ultrasound; he will be almost 6 lbs by then! Wow, its crazy to think that he is so big and almost ready to be born!

Friday is my last day at work and I am looking forward to beginning a new phase of my life but it is very scary also. What will I do with all my time before Baby gets here? Will I be bored? Lonely? I guess we will find out soon!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Already retired!
    It's all coming up so fast x_x
    Where did the time go???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a lot of packing & prep. o_o
    This is amazing! I'm so happy to hear things are going well. I really hope you'll share pictures!

    Oh, and I like the new look of your blog. Very summer-like. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ultra, so glad you're feeling great and getting prepared!!! Wow, the baby is almost 6 lbs! That's wonderful! One of my twins is almost 7 lbs and it took him 7 weeks out of the womb to get there. Your dude should be big and chubby (in a cute way) :-) You have to promise to keep blogging after he's born, I enjoy reading your updates. Also, I like the new look of your blog.

    ReplyDelete