
Last weekend The Husband and I took a 7 hour road trip to a family reunion and we had a great time. I was a little apprehensive about taking such a long road trip (as was my doctor) but we made a stop every 2 hours for a restroom, leg stretch, and snack break. Everything went great and it was so good to see everyone including my almost 90 year old grandfather. All of my aunts made such a fuss over me and my belly! I got a lot of good advise and a lot of unwelcome advise too. I heard some horrific birth and pregnancy stories (all from the SAME person) but most of the comments were wonderful.
Tuesday we had another level 2 ultrasound and every tiny bit of Baby Boy was checked out and he looks 100% perfect! We got some great ultrasound pictures that show his little face and already people are telling me that he looks like me!
Yesterday I went to my 32 week OB appointment. Nothing really to report there - I gained 2 lbs, blood pressure is still the same, and I am measuring right at 32.5 weeks! Everything is going perfect *knock on wood*.
This weekend is my baby shower and I am so excited about it! I can't wait to see all of my friends and family. My good friend is coming from out of town and she going to cook a ton of yummy gourmet appetizers as well as bring with her a very special custom ROBOT cake from a fancy bakery where she lives. Evidentially this baker only does a few cakes a year and she agreed to take on the task of creating a robot cake for my shower. I am thrilled and cant wait to see it! I would be lying if I didn't say I was excited about the gifts too! Baby Boy's room is already getting jammed full of stuff and it is about to get a lot fuller!
No comments:
Post a Comment