Wednesday, June 16, 2010

34 Weeks

34 weeks pregnant and still feeling pretty darn good. My belly is huge and I waddle when I walk but I feel great and very lucky. It's easy to get jealous of all the skinny tan bodies I see everywhere but I just keep telling myself how lucky I am to be able to have a little life growing inside me. I had some bad back pain earlier in the week but it went away fairly quickly.

The good news is after MONTHS of searching, we finally bought our "family wagon"! I am really excited to finally be done test driving and talking to sales people every weekend. I think we made a good purchase and we have a great, safe vehicle for Baby Boy. I can't wait to get his little car seat installed!

Last night we attended our 2nd birth class and it scared the bee-geebers out of me! The instructor talked about all the things that could go wrong during labor and delivery and it was very frightening. I almost wished I didn't know the things we learned about. The good things about class were that we learned breathing techniques, laboring positions, and details about c-sections. I really dont WANT a c-section but after learning more about how they are performed, I feel a lot more comfortable. If we need to have one - we need to have one. The instructor said "You are a mother now and you need to do and go through a lot of uncomfortable things for the sake of your child". She is right. It's not about me anymore and everything is all about my little boy and doing the best for him, even when it is hard on me.

Tomorrow is my 34 week OB appointment and Saturday is "Parenting Lab" at our hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment