Monday, June 7, 2010

33 Weeks: BABY SHOWER!

Yesterday was my baby shower and it was wonderful! The morning of the event I was looking at my favorite baby forum and people were complaining left and right about how horrid and disappointing their showers turned out. No one showed up, bad gifts, late hostesses, etc.. Mine special day went off without a hitch! My only regret was / is that I wish I could have spent more time talking to each person. About 30 people showed up so it was not easy for me to sit down and chat with each one, especially when I had hostesses pulling me in each direction "make sure you eat!" "time to open presents!". My hostesses were great and did all the work so my time was free to enjoy and not worry.

We had amazing food that my amazing friend Jennifer lovingly prepared for HOURS and the cake she brought for me was incredible! It was so unique that everyone was snapping pictures of it the entire day.

I got a ton of gifts from my registry, a few outfits, 4 packs of diapers, and about 7 HUGE containers of baby wipes! I guess people are letting me know that I am going to use a lot of wipes! Oh, and BLANKETS!!! I think I received about 20 blankets!!! Most of them are the "receiving" blankets. I think I am going to use a lot of these for swaddling, covering things, catching accidents, changing, and wiping spit-up. I was really surprised that I didn't get more clothes, but that is okay because I have already gotten Baby Boy a TON and it doesn't hurt my feelings one bit that I have to go pick out more things for him!

I was SHOCKED that a non-family member purchased the travel system we registered for ($300!!!)! And another one of Hubby's friends sent us the playard we wanted ($200). Last night I thanked hubby for having rich friends! LOL!

I stayed up late last night sorting and putting away all of the gifts and then I put together the stroller. By time I crawled into bed - everything from my mid-back and down hurt like the dickens. I know I really over did it yesterday so I need to take it easy today and make sure to keep my feet up as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment