Tuesday, May 25, 2010

31 Weeks: Surreal Feelings, Gifts, and Retirement

31 weeks down and about 9 to go.

It is still so surreal to me to think that someday soon my big belly will be gone and a little human will be here. I really don't think the reality of it all has sunk in even though we are registered at the hospital, there is a nursery in our house where a workout room used to be, and my cute little car is about to get traded in for a family-mobile - it's still not hitting me that soon there will be a little baby here that I will need to take care of 24/7. I have spoken to several mammas and they all tell me the same thing; that you are never ready or prepared for a new baby's arrival.

Gifts have been arriving in the mail every few days and it is so wonderful yet so surprising! I had no idea that so many of our dear friends and family members would be so generous and kind to us. I guess babies bring out the generosity in everyone! I truly appreciate everyone's kindness more than I think they know. This baby is costing us a TON and every gift really helps out. My baby shower is just a few weeks away and I cant wait for everyone to get together to celebrate Baby Boy!

This week I have been training my replacement at work. She is doing a great job and I trust she will take over my duties and the world will not come to an end like I previously thought. She is a mother of three and she needed this job desperately. She thanks me everyday for getting pregnant. LOL. Your welcome. Today is exactly one month till my last day at my company. And again, it really hasn't sunk in yet.

Next week I have 2 more appointments - one with my OB for my regular 2 week check up and then one with the imaging center for yet another ultrasound. At our last visit we were told that we would be getting an US at least once a month till we give birth. One for June, then one in July... and then I guess we will see him in person rather than on a screen!

No comments:

Post a Comment