Monday, May 3, 2010

28 Weeks: 3RD TRIMESTER!!!!!!!!!!

I finally made it to the 3rd trimester and I am thrilled! I feel like the 2nd trimester lasted for about 8 years. Maybe that is because the 1st is shorter (when we found out we were pregnant I was already 4 weeks along).

This past weekend The Husband and I went on a mini "baby-cation". I guess that is the term people are using to describe a vacation you take with your spouse before the baby arrives. We took a 4 hour road trip to a nearby touristy area that has fun restaurants, shows, and outlet shopping. It seems as though I keep forgetting that my pregnant body can't do the things that my pre-pregnant self could do. In my head I thought that I would be able to walk around the outlet malls for 8 hours like I always have before. Well, that didn't happen. I got tired after 2 hours and needed to sit and take breaks about every hour after that. Of course, Husband didn't mind sitting on the bench with me for 5 minutes or so as I stretched my legs and drank water but I felt really bad about it. I couldn't help but feeling like a burden to him. What happened to that high energy wife he once had? And since we are thinking about that - what happened to her figure? While sitting on the benches I had lots of time to people watch and I will admit that I was a bit jealous of all the skinny bodies I saw walking around the mall. Maybe it was hormones or something but I began to feel so bad for my hubby. Here he is the same guy he has always been and he is married to this girl who can't even walk around well or fit into anything. Uggg, I know what you all are thinking "BUT YOU ARE PREGNANT!!" Yes, I know that but it is still hard to accept the changes your body goes through.

An awesome thing happened during our baby-cation: 1/4 of my belly button popped out!! I had just about given up on my belly button popping and yesterday I looked at it and was completely shocked to see that a portion of it popped! No one had ever told me that part of the button can pop! It looks very weird and gross. Husband took one look, turned away and said that he never wants to see it again! HA HA! Maybe the other 3/4's will pop out soon?

Most of our outlet purchases were for Baby Boy (of course). He got several outfits and bids from the Carter's outlet, a robot clock, a large Wall-E plushy and a diaper bag. The picture shows the pile of baby stuff that is stacking up! I feel like I am finally getting enough things to be semi-ready for his arrival. The goal of this week is to get the nursery painted and the guest room closet cleaned out (so that I can make room for some of the man-junk in the nursery). Also, curtains, valance, blinds, and curtain rod to be purchased either this week or next.

4 comments:

  1. I hope you had lots of fun!! YEA for baby stuffs all over the place!!

    *BIIIIIG hug!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, sounds like you had fun!! I'm buying lots of good stuff on Craigslist, but I WILL be out shopping once the babies are born and can go out, I swear! I call it a "babymoon" by the way. We had ours back in December. And 2 hours walking around is not bad at all! I have a bad back and can't do more than 2 hours anyway, so maybe I'm biased :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and congrats on getting to the 3rd trimester!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay third trimester! I have never heard of this "baby-cation" thing before. o_o It sounds like fun, a really interesting kind of concept!
    Is there any more shopping left to do now? Or are you just about ready? ^^

    ReplyDelete