Monday, May 17, 2010

Week 30: Hyper-Nesting, More Nursery Progress and Breast Feeding

Week 30! Gosh, it feels so strange to be out of the '20s' and into the the '30s'. I feel like I am getting very close to the end of this journey. My good friend had her son at 35 weeks and if my little guys shows up at 35 weeks - that is just 5 weeks from now!! Unbelievable. I have been hyper-nesting to get ready: cleaning out closets, readying the nursery, and obsessing over packing the hospital and diaper bags.

Nursery progress this week included hanging the curtains, and putting together the glider. Of course, I did neither of these things but I happily sat and watched hubby as he worked away. Oh, one thing I did do was go to Target and get several canvas bins, a small rug (you can see it in the pic), and a monster nightlight. Hubby commented that the baby has the most decorated room in the house! And it is true!

Saturday we attended a breast feeding workshop at our hospital. It was very interesting and we received a lot of great info. I had no idea that you should not give a breast-fed baby a pacifier or any type of bottle for the first 2 weeks. It could cause "nipple confusion". Who knew?

3 comments:

  1. LOL I love how you watched your husband do all the work. That's what I do too! Try not to obsess too much about hospital bags. I only used a small portion of what I packed. Hmm I'll probably have to blog about that. And regarding the pacifier, I'd like to avoid having the twins use one also, but they use them in the NICU to help with their sucking reflexes when they're premies. I think it depends on the circumstance whether or not they should be used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The room is really coming along nicely! I hope you take a wider shot of the finished room at the end. The curtains look nice against the blue walls. ^^ Did you guys get a designer to come in and plan this out for you, or is it all your idea? ^^

    ReplyDelete