Friday, May 7, 2010

28 Weeks: 2 Appointments this week

We had 2 appointments this week - one was at the Imaging Center for yet another ultrasound and then my regular 4 week checkup at my OB's office.

The ultrasound was really interesting because Baby Boy has grown so much! He was HUGE on the monitor! The best part of the visit was when I asked the tech to triple check that he was still a boy and when we saw his little boy parts my husband says (in all seriousness) "is that an arm?" LOL! NO - that is the little guy's 'junk'! Ha ha. It was really funny.

Yesterdays visit to the OB was scary since it was the first appointment that my husband missed as he was out of town for work and it was the day of my dreaded glucose screening (aka gestational diabetes test). I had heard so many horror stories of people throwing up or passing out during the test that I had worked myself up into a panic about it! Thankfully, it was nowhere near as bad as I had thought! The drink tasted like a melted orange popsicle and the blood draw was quick and painless! WHEW! Now, lets keep our fingers crossed that I passed!

The OB checked all the usual stuff - measured my tummy, took blood pressure (a healthy 120/70), and did the usual pee test. Well, I guess I should mention the weight thing. Uggg. So, if you remember a few weeks ago I wasn't gaining a lot? Well, things have changed. I have started gaining a fair amount but still in the range of healthy and normal. At 28 weeks I have gained 23 lbs. The doctor said it was perfect and he was not concerned at all but I get nervous looking at the scale and seeing those big numbers! Oh well. 12 weeks to go and if I gain 35 total - that will be just fine. I keep telling myself that since I am tall, I am going to gain a little more - I know that makes no sense but it makes me feel better! :)

To answer a question from a follower earlier this week: No, I am nowhere near ready for baby to arrive! My baby shower is in a few weeks and I am hoping to get a lot of things that we need but whatever we don't receive as gifts - we will have to get ourselves. Thankfully, we have a lot of family and I am sure we will be given a lot of things.

UPDATE: I PASSED MY GLUCOSE TEST!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. UGH I've gotta mail out your package this weekend! I KEEP FORGETTING D:

    ReplyDelete