Monday, February 8, 2010

16 Weeks & Baby Love


This is an exciting week as we go to the dr on Wednesday and might be able to see our baby's gender. I'm so excited, I can't even stand it!

This week our child is about the size of a large avocado - 4.5 inches and it's weighing in at a tiny 3 ounces. If the baby is so tiny, how come my belly is so large and hard? What else is in there? I guess it is the uterus, blood, placenta and other gross stuff. All I know is that my belly is getting huge and everyone loves rubbing and poking at it and I really dont mind!

Eating is getting better now-a-days. I am finally craving veggies, fruits, and healthier foods. Gone are the days of McDonald's cheeseburgers and back are salads, peaches, and berries! A treasure I found at Whole Foods is nitrate free, lean, all natural turkey "bacon". Love it. I have been eating it every morning with a side of fresh banana or blueberries.

Weight has been fluctuating 3-4 lbs each day... not sure if this is accurate or not. Could it be water weight? Or maybe my scale is just messed up! I will find out when I get an accurate reading on the scale at the doctor's office.

The biggest news I have to report is that this morning when the husband was kissing me good bye as he left for work - he told me he loved me and then put his hand on my belly and said "and I love you too". My heart melted! We already love our little one and he/she hasn't even taken it's first breath here on earth!


4 comments:

  1. i couldnt help myself and said AWWW out loud... XD glad no one is around >.>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, SO cute! ^__^ So happy for you! And it's really great to hear that you're feeling better and getting back to your regular eating habits. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww. So stinking sweet, that husband of yours!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck tomorrow! Not sure where you live, but there's a big storm expected on the east coast. It may mess up my 20 week apointment tomorrow ;( Post as soon as you know the gender if you find out!

    ReplyDelete