Monday, February 22, 2010

18 Weeks: Music, Clothes, and Dreams

Baby is about 6 inches (not including legs) and weighs a hefty 7 ounces. It is yawning and sucking it's thumb as well as kicking/punching often. I can't decide if it kicks when it is happy or unhappy? Since it can hear now - I wonder what it thinks of my music preference? It kicked me 2 different times on Saturday when I was listening to the Black Eyed Peas... so, does it like BEPs or not? Since my mind is not made up about that band - I am going to assume that my baby agrees with me.

I have been feeling WONDERFUL! This must be the 2nd trimester "honeymoon" phase I have been reading about. I have been sleeping much better, not queasy all day, less achey, and a bit more energy. I can finally enjoy being pregnant! I have been feeling a bit strange about the fact that none of my clothes fit me anymore - not even my 'lounge around the house' tee shirts and hoodies. I have had to steal hubby's stuff - it feels strange to not be able to fit into my things but wearing hubby's shirts are so much more comfortable - guess I better just go with it! I am only going to be getting bigger and bigger from here on out!

I started prenatal yoga last week and I enjoyed it. The class did mostly stretching and breathing methods. I think I will go back again this week.

The most interesting thing that happened this week was that Saturday night / Sunday morning I had a super vivid dream that I was in a hospital giving birth and my baby was a BOY!! He was such a good and quiet baby in the dream and I loved him at first sight! I remember thinking "I dont have a name for him!" and was stressed out about that. Here is the bizarre thing - when hubby woke up that morning he said "I had my first baby dream! You told me we were having a BOY!"!! Can you believe this? We BOTH had the same dream on the same night! Maybe it means something? I have thought this entire time that our baby was a girl but now, maybe I have been wrong? I guess there is no real way of knowing until we see for ourselves! Either way it will be wonderful! I am already looking forward to meeting him/her!

3 comments:

  1. That is AMAZING! Dreaming about the same thing on the same night! o_o
    As for the music, maybe the only way to find out is play the same music (such as, Black Eyed Peas) when the baby is born. If the baby does not like it, you will probably know. If the baby goes all quiet and actually listens to it, then I guess he or she enjoyed it in the womb. Just hypothesizing...based on a study I once read about babies and music preferences. ^^

    I`m so glad to hear you`re feeling supertastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwww. I have goose bumps for some reason after reading this. So sweet. I can't wait to meet your little he/she/it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like the only thing playing on the radio when I'm in the car is rap. I was joking with my husband that the babies are going to be rappers. In actuality, my guess is that what they listen to in utero doesn't really matter!

    ReplyDelete