
17 weeks of life today for our little muffin! This week he/she is over 5 inches big and 5 ounces. He /she is developing fat tissue now and will just get fatter and fatter as the weeks and months progress! Muffin is all developed and all he/she does now is grow, grow, grow!
Friday was not a fun day for me as I was experiencing really bad pain near my hipbone on my right side. It was a pain that shot up my right side and I could even feel it in my back! This went on all day and I finally called the doctor that evening. The doctor on call told me that this is known as Round Ligament Pain and it is very common in the 2nd trimester. He was not concerned at all and of course, after I talked to him the pain basically stopped! I felt it a little on Saturday but it has not returned since then - thank goodness!
Saturday The Husband I went "family wagon" shopping. I guess the term people use these days is SUV or Crossover... all I know is that my small car is not gonna cut it when the baby gets here. I have a 4 door car but it is very small and the trunk space is barely going to be large enough for a small umbrella stroller... well, what about the pack and play, groceries, a suitcase? So a new vehicle is in order. Husband is more excited about getting to pick something out than I am even though it will be my vehicle. I was getting stressed out looking at the prices of vehicles $36,000 - $44,000... YIKES. That is so much money. I think I will try to drive my car as long as I can. This kid is already costing a fortune and it hasn't even shown up yet!!
In happy news - last week I FELT THE BABY KICKING! I thought at first it might be gas or a tummy cramp but after a few times, I realized that it must be baby! I can now feel him/her kicking around several times a day and it is amazing! It feels like a tiny bubble popping in your lower belly. It's a lot of fun. When we were car shopping on Saturday, he/she kicked when we were sitting in the MOST EXPENSIVE vehicle we looked at... I wonder if that is a sign we are going to have a baby with expensive tastes?
"When we were car shopping on Saturday, he/she kicked when we were sitting in the MOST EXPENSIVE vehicle we looked at... I wonder if that is a sign we are going to have a baby with expensive tastes?"
ReplyDeleteI hope not for your wallets sake XD but that is SO COOL! Congrats on the baby kicking!!!
That's so cool. o_o I didn't know baby kicking began in the second trimester. I'm glad to hear everything else is going well.
ReplyDeleteAnd a 30,000 to 40,000 car...x_x So expensive! Hey, once you've bought the car and everything, will you take a picture? ^^