Tuesday, April 13, 2010

25 Weeks: Weight Gain, Sad Feelings and Hubby Felt It!!!!

25 weeks and I am finally starting to gain weight like I am supposed to. This is both a good and a bad thing. Of course I want to gain the weight that is recommended because I want to be as healthy as possible for my baby - but my "typical female" mind gets scared looking at the numbers on the scale go up and up and UP. As of my 20 week OB appointment - I had only gained a total of 8 lbs in my pregnancy. I weighed myself today and have put on 5 lbs since that last weigh in - so, 1 lb a week this month. According to the weigh gain chart I have - I am still a smidgen under the minimum weight but I am predicting that will change soon. I can tell that my belly is growing a lot these days and I am eating more. I am trying to make healthy choices but sometimes veggies don't cut it when you are craving a cupcake! Oh well, my body is not my own anymore!

On a personal note: I started to feel a little bad this week because I started feeling sorry for myself about not having family close by. Sometimes I really wish I had my mother or sister around to share my joy and milestones with. Both of those people are no longer in my life and my relationship with my father is very... well... its almost non-existent. I have wonderful in-laws who I have adopted as my REAL family since I basically dont have any blood relatives to count on anymore. To add to my pity party it seems like I cant share my pregnancy with several friends either. One is jealous and has told me to not talk about my baby, one is going through year five of fertility treatments and I feel guilty bringing up anything baby (so I dont), and another one has been trying to get pregnant for years and I can see the pain in her face when we talk about my pregnancy so, again, I dont talk about it with her. So - all of this adds to my feelings of being alone. Anywho... enough of my pity party! I just try not to focus on it and remind myself how blessed I am to be having this baby! Nuff said!

Baby Boy kicks and thrashes around day and night and FINALLY The Husband was able to put his hand on my tummy and feel the moves. He thought it was super cool! He said "I cant believe how much he moves and how strong the kicks are when he is so little". Well, believe it! He may be little but he packs a punch!

OB appointment on Thursday! Just a general visit, I am sure. This is the first time we are meeting with the Nurse Practitioner and not my regular OB as he is on vacation. I hope she is nice! *fingers crossed*


4 comments:

  1. Aw, don't worry, you're OB will be great! ^^ I'm sorry to hear about your friends, but hey, we all may be far away but at least we can listen! ANYtime! ^_^

    I wonder, does it hurt you when Baby Boy kicks? O.o

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, it doesn't hurt at all! It honestly feels like an eel swimming around in my belly! Ha ha! It is hard to explain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did your apointment go? I'm so sorry your mother and sis are so far removed from you, but that's great that you're embracing your husband's family as much as possible. The more I think about having boys, the more I realize the importance of including my husband's family in everything, especially his mom. I'm never going to be a mother of a daughter that's pregnant, so I'm sure your in-laws are uber grateful to have you in their lives, sharing your experience with them.

    Isn't it exciting when you first feel the kicking! Get used to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. *big hug* im sorry you feel lonely :( i know its not the same by any means but you can talk to me anytime, i hope you know that!

    drama sucks D:

    ReplyDelete