
Last week was a busy one as I was traveling for work and then as soon as I returned - all of my in-laws came to town. I was feeling so exhausted from all the activities that I thought it was a great idea to go furniture shopping all day on Saturday. The GOOD news is that we ordered a chest/dresser for the nursery but the BAD news is that my feet were super swollen by Saturday evening. Welcome to the 3rd trimester.
The chest gets delivered this week and it is a great match to the crib we were given. It is about the same color (you can't tell they are not exactly the same unless you inspect them with a magnifying glass) and the lines and curves are similar. I think it is the best we would ever be able to find! We went with a tall chest rather than the long dresser because of space and the chest was more masculine. We hope to use this furniture for years to come as the crib is one of those convertible types that changes to a toddler bed and then into a full size bed.
We have been discussing budget a lot this week... well, I HAVE been discussing budget. The Hubby thinks that I worry for no reason but I freak out when I look at how much everything for this kid is going to cost and on top of that, we are doing away with my income. More outgoing expenses and less money coming in. We discussed ways to save here and there and I feel better after coming up with a plan and it is a feasible plan. We are going to get rid of the home phone, cut back on going out to eat, Hubby will bring his lunch to work every day rather than going out to lunch, and we talked about getting a credit card that offers cash back. I think if we stick to the plan and buckle down a bit, we may not even notice my income missing! Speaking of, only 2 more months till my last day at work and 3 months till Baby Boy's due date!
Other than the swollen feet, I have been feeling okay. I get tried and worn out very quickly and this upsets me because I have always been an active, high energy person. Nowadays, I can only go out for a few hours before getting utterly exhausted. I have to remember not to push myself. At night my back gets sore and my legs ache. Oh well, I just need to listen to my body and not overdo it! I have to make an real effort to sit with my feet up and drink lots of water! I feel like I am being lazy but I have to remember that it is best for Baby Boy (who, by the way, still does not have a name!)!
Wow, only 3 months left! Time flies. o_o We've been following your progress all this time and now I learn that only 90 days to go. Crazy ^^
ReplyDeleteI hope the budget-thing works out smoothly for you guys. Maybe you'll think about working again someday, and maybe not. ^^ Who knows, right? But good luck anyway! It'll be time to see Baby Boy in the real world very soon! Woo-hoo!