
BIG NEWS - last week I saw my tummy move for the first time! That was so wild and amazing! Baby Boy was kicking hard and lifted my shirt so I could rub my belly and when I did - I saw my tummy move! It looked like muscle spasms! Wonderful! It hasn't happened again since but I keep watching and waiting. Baby is such a mover and shaker. He kicks, squirms, line dances, practices yoga... or whatever it is he is doing in there, he does it all the time. Did I already mention this is wonderful? He is awake all hours of the night just like I am and I appreciate the company.
Speaking of sleep - it still sucks. I will leave it at that.
My good friend went with me to Babies R Us yesterday and my registry of 5 things turned into a registry of 75 things! She has 2 kids and it was such a help to take someone with me who knew what I was going to need. I parked in the "expecting mother" spot - it made me giggle! Last Thursday I found bedding at Target that I wanted so I bought it and now there is no turning back on our nursery theme - ROBOTS! I took the sheet with me to BRU and was able to match up other fitted sheets, bumper, and other accessories. Most of the colors are going to be navy blue and dark red. I like the dark colors more than pastels - I think it will be boyish without being too baby-ish. The bedding set I got is for a toddler bed and not a crib but I am going to get my crafty mother in law to work her sewing magic for me. I am going to see if she can use the top sheet (the flat unfitted one) and make it into the crib skirt. The pillow case... not sure what to do with that one... and the comforter - I will just drape over the rocking chair.
More car test driving went on this weekend. I found the car/crossover of my dreams but hubby thinks it might be too small. I guess more test driving is in my near future.
NAME NEWS: I am not sure why it hasn't occurred to me before now but I thought of a wonderful name for our little guy! Husband is still not 100% sold but I am pretty solid on it for now. Jason Douglas. JASO are my mom's initials and since she has passed on from this world to the next - I thought it would be a cool way to honor her. He has the options of being called Jason, Jase, J.D. or Jay. Douglas is a family name on hubby's side.... not my fav but I think it sounds good with Jason. My goal is to have 2 good names picked out and when baby makes his appearance - we can figure out which name suits him best. Reese Franklin is still in the running too!
ooh jason douglas... i like how that flows! say it out loud in an angry tone of voice, along with GET OVER HERE RIGHT NOW! you might be using it a lot that way XD
ReplyDeleteYEA ROBOTS
The great thing about a patchwork quilt design is that it allows you to decorate around any of the colors or designs which are part of it.
ReplyDeletebaby bedding
Yea! So happy for you!
ReplyDeleteOops! That's from me, Melissa R. Now in Texas!
ReplyDelete