Monday, January 25, 2010

14 Weeks & Baby Shopping

Some websites / books say 13 weeks begins the 2nd trimester and some say it starts at 14 weeks. All I know - is that I hope that my tummy starts feeling less queasy now!
Our baby is about 3.5 inches and an ounces and a half. All of his organs are done forming so from here on out - he just needs to GROW, GROW, GROW! I am sure that my belly will do that as well as I watch the numbers on the scale get higher too. Although, I weighed myself last week and I had lost 2 lbs. This was a bit worrisome at first but I know that is because I have stopped craving fast food 24-7 and I have been eating healthier.

I was shopping this weekend for a friend's baby shower (next Sunday) and I couldn't help grab something for my little guy! I found a great little rattley thing that you clip on the stroller or car seat and its shaped like a owl - I love owls! It was on clearance at Target for $3. I couldn't pass it up! I also was at Marshall's (a discount store) and found all sorts of great baby clothes for CHEAP! Like footy PJs - 3 for $5! And nice quality too! I wanted SO BADLY to buy stuff for our baby but I dont want to go overboard! It will be so hard to not buy stuff once we find out gender! And that big day is coming up soon, I hope! (16 days till the next appointment)

3 comments:

  1. I hope you start feeling better! They do say that morning sickness is a sign that you're having a girl. But I should refrain from saying such things, don't want to give out any misinformation.

    I was at Target just this weekend and was tempted to buy stuff from the clearance section too! I held off though, gotta make a list of what I need first. I'm so pragmatic! Baby clothes are tough becuase they're so cheap sometimes. You just want to pluck them right all the shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck, I was tempted to buy for you today when I saw baby clothes, but decided to wait to find out if it's a boy or girl at least. :-)

    I've known of about 15 babies born the last 10 months or so. Crazy. You're keeping the string going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Owl!!! Like Hedwig from Harry Potter, right? ^^

    ReplyDelete