Monday, January 18, 2010

Week 13 And The Best Pregnancy Story Yet!

Week 13 and still puking. SIGH! Will it ever end??? The ONLY good part of the constant vomiting is this article I read on babycenter.com:

Many studies have found fewer miscarriages among women who have nausea and vomiting during pregnancy. One study showed that vomiting (but not nausea alone) is associated with a lower risk of miscarriage. Some researchers have also found a reduced risk of preterm birth and low birth weight among women who suffer nausea and vomiting.

Who knows how accurate that information is but, I am finding some comfort in it when I am hugging the toilet.

And now for the BEST STORY EVER!!!!

This past week, I have been feeling the 'pregnancy brain' kick in. Also known as 'pregnancy amnesia', this is a common symptom in pregnancy where the mama-to-be becomes very forgetful. Let me tell you - this is very real (as you will soon read) so here we go: My good friend and I were at the grocery store together this weekend and as we were just about to check out - the cashier asked me what type of bag I would prefer. I stared at her like a deer in headlights. I began to panic because I had no idea what to say even though I knew what she was asking! I turned to my friend hoping she would help and she did when she realized my situation. "PAPER!" she answered to the cashier.

(Here comes the best part!!)

I burst into tears!

My friend starts laughing uncontrollably and I cover my face with both hands. The cashier was so sweet and she begins to tell me that she was very forgetful too when she was expecting and I was so happy she understood. I begin laughing and crying more.

I told the hubby about all this and he thought it was the most awesome story he had ever heard!

In other grocery store news - for the first time someone recognized that I was pregnant! A gentleman was giving samples of little appetizers and wine and and as I went to get one he asked "Are you allowed to have shrimp?" and I answered "yes, and I would like to try that wine as well" he laughed and shook his head!

The belly is GROOOOWWING! I raised my shirt and showed hubby the bump last night and he got wide eyed and laughed! Not that I was ever super thin but it is really obvious that my body is going where it has never been. It is wonderful and scary all at the same time!

3 comments:

  1. ahaha awww! *big hug!* i am amused by that story :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! These really are cute stories. Thanks for sharing. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I still feel bad for laughing! I really do. But it was funny. ;)

    ReplyDelete