Friday, January 15, 2010

Mixed Emotions

Despite the joy of seeing the ultrasound this week, I have had a few emotional set backs. First off, a friend of mine basically told me that she doesn't want to talk to me for awhile because my pregnancy reminds me of what she doesn't have in her life. I have mixed feelings about this. I respect the fact that she told me her feelings but I also feel that it is unfair of her to cut me out of her life due to jealousy.

The ironic thing about this is that I have a different friend who has been married about the same length of time as I and she and her husband have been trying to have a baby for YEARS. They are about to go thru their 2nd cycle of In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) and when I gently told her about my pregnancy, she could not have been more happy for us! She asks about my health all the time and it is obvious she truly cares and shares our joy.

So I am not sure how to react to my first friend...

Second emotional event this week is that hubby is traveling for the first time of our pregnancy and I wont see him for several days. Being without him is very hard as I feel very emotionally needy these days.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry that your friend feels the way that she does. What I can say is that it was really big of her to come forward and be honest about how she feels. Unfortunatley, being the fragile human beings that we are, often there are emotions that we can't control. I've had friends cut me off for no apparent reason and it's excruciating because you know that something's bothering them but they're too cowardly to say anything and it becomes clear that the friendship didn't mean much to begin with.

    On the bright side, it sounds like you have a great friend in the woman that is doing IVF treatments.

    ReplyDelete