Friday, January 29, 2010

Babies R Us

This past week my dear co-worker (who desperately wants grandchildren) took me to Babies R Us. Oh my... I was so overwhelmed. I had no idea there were so many things that I was going to need and then there were 18 different brands and styles of each of those things to chose from! How am I ever going to make the right choices?

Car seat, carrier, stroller, umbrella stroller, pack n play, crib, bedding, high chair... How will I ever be able to pick out the right ones? For example - car seats. There are about 10 different seats for infants ranging in prices between $100 - $300. Which one do I get? What is the difference? Which brands are most reliable? What features are necessary? My plan of attack is to make my sister in law go with me and tell me what items I need and what brands are best. She has 3 kiddos under the age of 7 so all this stuff is fresh in her mind. Plus I think once we find out our baby's gender the choices will be a but easier as we can eliminate some of the options (like all the pink ones or all the blue ones).

One of the most interesting things I learned while in Babies R Us was that I PREFER boy things to girl things! Yes, girl clothing, bedding, patterns and designs are cute but the boy stuff is so much more appealing to me! The bold, bright colors, monkeys, alligators, frogs, stripes - they are so much more fun than pink and butterflies. The little boy outfits with bears, robots, and monsters just made me so happy! Who knows, maybe I will have a boy!

12 days till our next ultrasound... not that I am counting...


4 comments:

  1. no one says that even if you have a girl that you still can't pick out stuff you like, like blues and stuff ^^
    if i ever *laugh* had a kid, and it was a girl, that kid would have NO PINK. not until it was old enough to ask for it herself LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Totally, Absolutely Agrees with Ryn*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah. You can have bright/bold with girls too. No rules say you have to have girlie girl pink!
    But I am laughing at the comment about robots and monsters and such because that is just YOU! :)

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to Babies R Us not too long ago and it was overwhelming! Sooo much stuff to choose from! I'm having boys and fully intend to dress them in whatever color I feel like, whether it be pink or blue. I don't think that color means too much.

    ReplyDelete